MAOM, New England School of Acupuncture, 2004
Marilyn Yohe is a Licensed Acupuncturist and Herbalist with over a decade of experience treating acute and chronic health conditions using Chinese medicine.
Her areas of specialty include:
- Fertility, Pregnancy and Postpartum Care
- Digestive Issues: IBS, Colitis, Crohn’s
- Headache and Migraine
- Anxiety, Depression, and Insomnia
- Women’s Health
- Allergies and Asthma
- Stubborn, Chronic, or Hard-to-Diagnose Health Conditions that have not responded well to Western medical treatment
In addition to her acupuncture practice, Marilyn teaches on the faculty of the New England School of Acupuncture, where she offers a course in traditional Chinese medical diagnosis and treatment planning. She also works as a staff acupuncturist at The Cambridge Hospital's Zinberg Clinic. She holds a Master's degree in acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine, and is national board certified in acupuncture.
"I believe the human body, mind, and spirit have an amazing and innate ability to heal. Chinese medicine works by activating and supporting this natural process. My treatments are individualized for each patient, and address the underlying causes of health issues as well as offering relief from symptoms. As a practitioner, I am passionate about helping you take care of the health problems that get in your way, so you can live the life you want. I view our work together as a partnership and I welcome your questions, ideas and insights about your treatment. I look forward to helping you feel better!"
“Marilyn is patient, knowledgeable, compassionate, and incredibly dedicated to helping others. Her acupuncture treatment has helped me to stabilize symptoms of IBS, anxiety, hip pain, and sleep difficulties, when little else seemed to work. She is truly holistic and client-centered in her approach – with her respectful, open approach to acupuncture and healing, I always feel as if our work is a collaboration. Thank you, Marilyn, for all you do!” - Catherine, Somerville
"Marilyn helped me so much during this time with acupuncture and Chinese medicine. I really believe that these treatments helped me to gain strength and conceive a healthy pregnancy after my miscarriage. I continued regular treatments throughout my first trimester as an effort to help the pregnancy “stick” and in my opinion, it was certainly a success!" - Charise, Sudbury
"I came to Marilyn with health problems conventional clinicians had told me they could do nothing about. After only a few sessions, these have resolved and I feel healthier than I have in years. At each visit, Marilyn attends to my health concerns with care and insight. Acupuncture has exceeded my expectations and Marilyn is a gem. I highly recommend her." - Tali, Cambridge
Make an Appointment:
Please contact Marilyn directly by phone or email to schedule an appointment or free initial consultation. You can also schedule online using the link below.
Days at CHA
20 min; no charge
90 min; $140.00
1 hour; $85.00
1 hour; $105.00
30 min; $45.00
* The above fees represent a discount for payment on the day of service. Billed services (such as health insurance or personal injury cases), are billed at the full rate.
I currently accept health insurance from the following companies:
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield including Federal plans and MIT Traditional and Choice plans
- Cigna Health Insurance as an in-network provider
- United Health Care/Optum as an in-network provider
- Neighborhood Health Plan (Mass Health subsidized plans only)
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care as an in-network provider
- If you have a different health insurance plan with acupuncture benefits, please talk to me
I will also bill auto insurance for accident-related treatment.
24 hour notice required for cancellations.
Full fee charged for late cancellations and missed appointments.