Aston® Movement teaches movement designs that enable you to use gravity to your best advantage in order to reduce bodily strain and discomfort, feel better supported, and increase overall fitness. Whether your work requires physical labor, or you spend long hours sitting, working on a computer or driving a car, if you are a fitness enthusiast, a musician, enjoy gardening, recovering from an injury or seeking ways to lessen the effects of aging, Aston® movement coaching teaches you to integrate principles of natural movement into all your activities.
Aston® Movement is a creative program for any age and can be taught during an individual session or as a workshop designed for any special interest group. Benefits from Aston® Movement lessons include:
- reduced repetitive strain, because effort of movement is more evenly distributed throughout your whole body
- increased overall fitness, because you are engaging dimensionally balanced tone
- reduced compensational tension, because your movement honors your body's unique structural asymmetries
- more internal space, taking pressure off organs and joints and allowing increased volume of breathe, because your body dimensions are more balanced
- less effort and more efficiency during everyday or specialized performance activities, whatever your challenges and goals